Thursday, December 16, 2010

Poetry with an Explanation:The Path of the LSAT is...

I digress, you know I don't write like this.
It's therapy in the making. The person replaced with the screen,
the lips supplanted by the fingers,
expression exchanged for ideas,
the couch without the love-seat.

But here is the abnormal, please don't hold it against me.


The mind needs time to acclimate, to wake
6 am becomes the time to awake
Never mind what to do you need to prepare your self
To replicate the environment that you will be subjected to

No coffee, before 12!
Why not?
Because you’ll require it to be alert,
and if you drink you will crash in middle of the test

Sit for 2 hours and 55 minutes with no interruption
So that when test day arrives you wont be sedate

My head is expanding my forehead is imploding
You think that choice is correct?
But look the answer key rejects.

I sit there in a room a man barks 5 min, I jump
Three questions left, that’s sufficient time
But the pressure of the clock is hard to define

No alcohol or pot
No mechanical pencils or watches.

Instead,
Salmon, tuna, avocado, and almonds
0mega-3s’ and 6s’ working out with intensity
a simple analogue clock and yellow pencils

I wake in a sweat, the short fat proctor is replaced with my dark silhouette.
No it is not test day but its coming soon, and my dreams are replete with the coming day of truth.
What more can I do, for four years work and 4.03 to boot. But that wont do.
Nooooo, instead a 4 hour test that will help them choose. One man said to the other “the law school looks at three factors, the first, second and third number of your LSAT score”. Ouch!

So I swayed and prayed, practiced Tai Chi and meditated.

I Studied with alacrity and imagined the feeling of Yale calling

No matter what this time I did what I needed to be done,

and far as the result that will remain to be seen.

But the path of the LSAT is...well... frankly obscene.

No comments:

Post a Comment